Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the core pillars in today’s modern computing. It is a multidisciplinary field that makes technologies like smart watches, driverless cars, home automation, Tele-robotics and more, possible through a combination of embedded electronics, the Internet, and Cloud Computing. Thus, it is very challenging to learn what it is, what can it do, and how you can start building your own! This online workshop is short interactive lesson where you will learn how to:
1. Experiment with basic electronic “Things” powered by Arduino using TinkerCAD, without needing to buy anything yet.
2. Use a minicomputer (Raspberry Pi) via Remote Control through the Internet.
3. Preview what a basic IoT Houseplant Management system looks like (you can interact with it).
As a joint effort between Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus, IEEE Sarawak Sub-Section, the SUTS Computer Science Club and IEEE Swinburne Student Branch, the aim of this workshop is to raise your awareness of this awesome new field in Computing and how you can continue to find out how to make your own IoT creations.
By the end of the workshop, you will know:
• What IoT is, and what you can do with it.
• How use TinkerCAD to continue learning Electronics and Microcontrollers on your own.
• What Remote Desktop is, and what you can use it for.
• Where to get Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and other Parts and find out how to make your own IoT projects.
Workshop Date & Time:
Date: Saturday 20th November
Time: 2.00pm - 5.00pm [3 Hours]
For more information, please feel free to contact me (Dr. Mark Tee) at email@example.com.